I Didn’t Know That…
Vashon Island Vol. 1
VARSA would like to thank game
designer Peggy Rubens-Ellis
and illustrator Annie
Activities for explorers young and old!
So much to discover uptown!
- On the way from Café Luna to the Senior Center, who is getting VERY tired?
- At the Senior Center: How many candles are on the birthday cake?
- What is on the agenda at 12:45?
- At the Fire Station: What event does the art installation outside commemorate?
- At the Heritage Museum: Name a member of the Matsuda family
- At the small park behind the museum: What does the Japanese Enso represent?
- At the KC Sheriff Transfer Station: Three rings plus an S plus an L equals what popular Vashon sport?
- At Lake, Kennedy & McCulloch: What type of unusual tree is in the front yard?
- At the Hardware Store Restaurant: This was the first _________ building in Vashon.
- What kind of tool is labeled "12 in. Diamond Horseshoe"?
Looking for something to do?
- Find a fairy house in Burton Forest (or make one)
- Do a low tide walk and find at least three critters
- Walk a labyrinth—There are two to pick from
- Read a story while on the Judd Creek Trail
- Go on the Vashon walking tour “Main Street Vashon” (brochures available at the Vashon Heritage Museum)
- Find a quiet place to read or sketch
- Find some public art (not in town)
- Pick apples and make something
- Go on a Dockton walking tour
- Do a nature-based art project
- Make an obstacle course
- Pick (edible only) berries
- Go to the beach at night
- Play disc golf at BARC
- Discover a new trail
- Do a hike at night
- Find a farm stand
- Plant something
- Help a neighbor
- View the stars
- Sleep outside
- Collect shells
- Write a letter
- Find a pond
- Make a fort
The mission of VARSA is to reduce and prevent underage drug and alcohol use by engaging, educating and empowering the communities we serve.