How VARSA Works
Complex issues, such as underage drug and alcohol use prevention, often require large numbers of people and many resources to be effective and to generate cultural change.
We partner with other organizations on Vashon for things like:
- Teen nights at the library
- Prescription disposal box at the pharmacy
- Periodic town litter clean-up
- Youth groups: Sources of Strength at McMurray Middle School and Teens Leading Change at Vashon High School
- Youth Mental Health First Aid Trainings
Some Community PARTNERS!
VARSA was formed in 2009 by a group of committed Islanders who came together to address the issue of underage drug and alcohol use on our Island. The volunteer organization is formed on a Coalition model which gives many sectors of the community an equal voice at the meetings. Administrative oversight is provided by a full time Coalition Coordinator and executive committee.
Please contact us with any questions or if you would like to join us!